Friday, June 15, 2012

Frugal Food Friday: Fried Sandwich

My husband is a great fans of homemade food, meaning that he prefers packed lunch to bought lunch. So, everyday, he brings his lunchbox to work.

One of my favorite menus for lunch (and also breakfast) as it is easy to prepare is fried sandwich and I can make good use of old loaves of bread as they are usually a bit dry. So, the bread is saved from bin, hubby is happy and I am done!

Fried Sandwich
Ingredients:
7-8 pieces of bread, cut into four
1 beaten egg
Cheese, sliced*
Salami, cut into four*
Breadcrumbs
Oil
*Look inside your fridge for better substitution :)

Directions:
1. Make sandwich out of bread, cheese, and salami.
2. Dip it into beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
3. Fry it until golden brown.
4. Let it cool and it's ready to serve.

Fried Sandwich for Breakfast

Hubby's Lunch Box

I send this menu for Frugal Food Friday this month which is hosted by Caroline Makes.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering this in Frugal Food Fridays! Just out of interest, what does the name of your blog mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline.
    Warteg is a short for WARung TEGal, a traditional restaurant where you can find delicious and affordable food when you have no time to cook. This warteg is common in my hometown, Jakarta, Indonesia.
    Gaziantep is where I live at the moment. So, the name represents what I feel about food I usually had back home :) sort of.

    Thanks for asking :) and I really love the frugal idea. Hope to see more frugal recipes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...